How it Works
About Self Defense
You used your gun to survive. But what will you do now?
You have the skills and mindset to survive a physical attack. But what about surviving the devastating legal and financial attack that could follow?
You can be arrested, jailed, sued, fired, and bankrupted even when you do what you think is right. A single pull of the trigger can lead to years, or even a lifetime, of legal and financial problems for you and your family.
Pulling a trigger is a simple thing. But the second you do, you face endless questions that are not so simple…
Who will you call? Will they be able to help you at any time day or night?
Will you have legal counsel immediately available to protect you? Who will it be? How much will it cost? Can you afford it?
If you can’t pay for bail immediately, how will you effectively work with your attorney? Statistics show that bail is getting more expensive and the longer you sit in jail, the greater your chance of being convicted.
- Can you afford a robust legal defense in a criminal trial or will you be pressured to “settle” to avoid bankrupting your family?
- If you can’t defend yourself adequately, can your family support themselves while you’re in prison for 10 years, 20 years, or more?
- Can you afford a settlement in a civil trial when someone is trying to destroy you financially?
- Can you afford to have your wages garnished for the rest of your life?
- Can you afford to surrender your home and all your assets?
- Can your marriage survive if you are forced to serve a long prison sentence?
- What will the police think when they show up? Will they believe your story?
- What should you say, or not say, when the police start grilling you about the body on the ground?
- Do you know how to avoid the “red flags” police are looking for when they respond to a shooting?
- How will you deal with law enforcement carefully when your body is flooded with adrenaline and you’re “out of your mind” and desperate to talk about what happened?
- Is there anything in your past that will influence what police or prosecutors think about you?
- Did you do anything when defending yourself that will negatively affect your claim of self defense, such as firing “too many” shots or shooting someone in the back as they turned away from you during the struggle?
There are a hundred more questions, any one of which could change your life forever. If you are not 100% certain that you have the answers to every question, you need a membership in Second Call Defense.
Becoming a member answers EVERY question and provides COMPREHENSIVE protection after a self defense shooting.