More people are exercising their right of personal self defense than at any time in our nation's history!
The news media love to report on the criminal use of guns. But they seldom report on the legal and responsible use of firearms by ordinary citizens. The fact is, as gun ownership has gone up, crime has gone down in the U.S. And one of the reasons is that more and more law-abiding citizens like you are choosing to buy, own, and carry firearms to defend themselves and their family.
- The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, conservatively estimates a 2% annual growth rate for guns in the U.S., bringing the total number of guns to 267 million guns in 2010.
- According to the NRA, gun ownership is at an all-time high, with 90 million U.S. households owning firearms. That's about 1 of every 3 households.
- The National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) for new firearm purchases has shown double-digit increases in recent years. A key factor driving this trend is more women who are choosing to own or carry firearms.
- In the U.S., there are 1.5 million defensive gun incidents per year. That's about 125,000 per month and well over 4,000 per day.
- After many years of legal and political battle, all 50 states now have laws allowing citizens to carry concealed firearms in public.
- Estimates suggest there are over 20 million permit holders in the U.S.